BLUEX bulbs and tubes on AMAZON

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Does anyone have any experience or any information on BLUEX products from AMAZON?
They list 22" T5 HO 10.0 UVB tubes for less than half of the cost of the ZOOMEDs I usually order.

I wonder about their actual UVB level and how long it lasts.
Maybe I'll be the guinea pig?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't. But from other lighting and heating items I have purchased off Amazon, off brand ones, not zoo med etc, they usually came from China and either didn't heat up like the name brand ones or didn't last very long.
If you have a uv meter then I suggest buying one and reading the levels and if good levels, use it as normal and see how long it lasts or if it lights bright without flickering.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Using a 6.5 on new or unknown brands can give you a false sense of security. Lower wavelength UVB would look great on the 6.5 but is not something you would want to subject your animals to. I'd want to see it tested under a spectrometer before considering it safe.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I found it strange that there wasn't a single mention about BLUEX products on YOUTUBE either.
I gave it a pass for now.
Time will tell if it is a legitimate start up company or just some place selling inferior knock off stuff.

Last edited: