Bobo is in his new enclosure! Pics!!

Bobo's Dad

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Louisville, Ohio
I ended up building a 7X4 12 in high box. Lined it with a tarp and used 5 bags of organic soil. 2X48 inch ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 UVB Bulbs in a fixture. 150 watt spot. I have not finished the whole thing but man he is happy. I put the box on cinder blocks. Very steady. I can list my full setup if requested. Check out the pics not nearly finished though. Building him a ramped swimming pool out of a plastic paint tray. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044780.516113.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044806.841962.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044826.745846.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415044838.282780.jpg

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Nice! With all that nice topsoil, you might be able to grow some seeds :D

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Your enclosure looks very nice! Make sure that your tortoise does not climb up the fake plant and get out of the enclosure. Russian tortoises are amazing climbers and escape artists. I have found that even my Russian hatchlings can really climb.

Bobo's Dad

10 Year Member!
Louisville, Ohio
Got ya Carol. I backed it away from the side. He is back to eating normal hallelujah! his temps are perfect and humidity is right on point!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Very nice! maybe add some little hills and some site barriers so he feels like it is even bigger, although it is a great size. Nice and bright also.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I also use plastic paint trays. They come pretty smooth. I used 40 grit sandpaper to rough mine up and ended up with a few non slip strips stuck on to the bottom for traction. Otherwise, they work well.

mijojr

South Dakota
I also use plastic paint trays. They come pretty smooth. I used 40 grit sandpaper to rough mine up and ended up with a few non slip strips stuck on to the bottom for traction. Otherwise, they work well.
Nice idea! I never thought of using paint trays...