Bob's summer day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I know I haven't posted much lately but I've been pretty sick. But I thought ya'll might like to see this.
It has rained for the last 3 weeks consistently all day. Yesterday it was 80 degrees no rain, today it's 92 degrees which is really hot for the Pacific North West. So for the first time this year I brought Bob his favorite treat, watermelon. Bob is a 130 pound Sulcata for those of you who don't know him, and while I agree that Sulcata should not be fed fruit Bob is fed an excellent diet and I don't think a bit of melon once a year will hurt him. I swear that when he saw me enter his pen with that watermelon he actually jumped up in the air and clicked his heels together, he loves watermelon.

2ik4ccy.jpg

What a goofy guy
2u5gkl5.jpg

Ahhhhh
2ywecua.jpg

Smile pretty!
262r2w2.jpg

Then because it's so hot I filled his pool for the first time this year. He immediately jumped into it and sank down with just his nose out...
rqvslx.jpg

He is having so much fun...he got his face in the water
33xzm8j.jpg

2mevo2g.jpg

He's playing submarine...
350nmdf.jpg

His head is totally under the water...
2eyj4gk.jpg

Guess he's done. He spent over an hour in that pool and he just had a ball. He enjoyed it so much it was obvious, and it made me feel good to see him have that much fun.
I hope you all enjoyed the pictures...King Robert III
292mjja.jpg

Beck

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland/Central FL
Oh my goodness! That is ridiculously awesome. He looks like he's having so much fun! Thank you for sharing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ah-h-h-h-h....I finally got my Bob Fix!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Maggie. Thanks for the Bob story. I'm a little surprised that nothing got broken or damaged and he didn't go anywhere. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We have missed you Maggie and Bob and your great Bob stories. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling good. Hope things are getting better for you. I swear I could hear Bob hooting and hollering in that pond of his. Looks like he really enjoyed his treat too. Thanks for sharing.:)

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
OMG that second picture....He looks like he is in heaven!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Finally we got a Bob story. Is that a new pond for Bob Maggie? Glad you're feeling a little better and was able to take some great Bob pictures.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Bob Stories are my favorite part of this forum!! Thanks for posting and I hope you feel better real soon!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love Bob and you do such a great job capturing his personality in the pics! Thanks for sharing and I hope you feel better!!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
maggie3fan said:

Does this mean Bob's hose privileges have been fully restored or is he still on probation? :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Bob is such a big character and his adventures have consistently entertained the forum members for years.
I am looking forward to meeting him in person next month, and so are my kids. A bona fide Chelonian celebrity. ;)

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I have been away for a while and it's good to be back.
Terry...That is the same hole in the ground from last summer. Remember the kiddie pool fiasco? This is the hole from that...
No, jaizei, Bob does not have his hose privileges back yet. I was standing right there to protect that hose! He may be cute but we know he cannot be trusted.
Bob has now been in 2 different local newspapers three times. He's been in the Fresno California Bee and the Corvallis Gazette-Times here in Oregon. And the worst interview was 2 Fridays ago, I was interviewed and filmed by the local ABC affiliate and when the reporter saw Bob come out his doggie door behind me her eyes bugged out her head like they do in a cartoon. She had taped a 5 minute interview of me about Habitat for Humanity and what you see on the T.V. is Bob walking around the yard chasing after the reporter's red toenail polish and you hear my voice over answering one question.
It's seriously insulting to be upstaged by a tortoise but after 11 years with Bob I think I am getting used to it.

Mrturtle527

5 Year Member
Northern California
I am new to the forum and this is the first bob story I have read - I must go back and find more this was so cute and fun!!! I am falling fast to all things tort!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.