Book: Reptile Medicine and Surgery by Mader

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidE721

5 Year Member
Hello All,

Do any of you own a copy of the book entitled, Reptile Medicine and Surgery by Mader (1st or 2nd edition)? If so, do you find it useful?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dave

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I have both the 1st and 2nd editions and they are great books. If I was to pick one over the other, it would be to recommend the 2nd edition. :)

Danny

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I looked on AmazonBooks.com and could only find this one. Wow it's expensive. Reptile Medicine and Surgery by Geoff Stein

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
That's it Candy :) Not sure why they are saying be Geoff Stein, but when you get on the book it says by Mader. It is a big book though, over 1200 pages. :D

Danny

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks Danny. On Amazonbooks it is $124.00. I would love to take a look at it though. :D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I got mine from Amazon.UK for less, even with shipping. If I was going to drop that much on a book again, I would get the one just about chelonian medicine.

Usefulness... I would say that the average keeper would be hard pressed to get the full value of the book. It IS NOT written for the non-vet and does not explain many terms or describe most of the actual procedures. I read it with the Internet up to help explain many of the concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.