Bottom half of Lucy’s shell seems soft

Location (City and/or State)
Highland ca
Hey everyone! I am a little concerned I pick Lucy up today to take her outside for a while and it seem to me that the bottom half first quarter part by her face seemed very Wiggley and soft dish… I put calcium and multivitamin on her worms that she eats (this is all she seems to want to eat) so I am hoping it’s not another problem does anybody have any experience with this? Thank you Also does she look too thin to y’all?

B2F67BD5-A25C-4666-AFDD-8592BA829A8D.jpeg ECC5E066-EABF-4FB7-B6C5-E13BF6D26F8D.jpeg DAB350F8-C5D4-455D-800B-ECAF60E1BCA1.jpeg

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Hey everyone! I am a little concerned I pick Lucy up today to take her outside for a while and it seem to me that the bottom half first quarter part by her face seemed very Wiggley and soft dish… I put calcium and multivitamin on her worms that she eats (this is all she seems to want to eat) so I am hoping it’s not another problem does anybody have any experience with this? Thank you Also does she look too thin to y’all?
Could it be that her hinge is starting to develope? Very young box turtles dont have a working hinge but as they grow it allows them to close themselves up in their shells.

She doesn't look particularly thin. Do you have her weight and age or SCL (shell length)?

Highland ca
Could it be that her hinge is starting to develope? Very young box turtles dont have a working hinge but as they grow it allows them to close themselves up in their shells.

She doesn't look particularly thin. Do you have her weight and age or SCL (shell length)?
BUnfortunately, I do not know her age… So I don’t really know how long she is supposed to be or how much she is supposed to weigh… It seems hingey- and I roll all of her worms in calcium so I am hoping it’s not a calcium deficiency of some kind is there some way of knowing her age? Thank you for your prompt response!

Highland ca
Meal worms aren't the best food for a box turtle. I would stop offering them.

Here's an article about feeding a box turtle that doesn't want to eat:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/box-turtle-wont-eat.42397/
I don’t give her meal worms, they are night crawlers ( earthworms) I offer her fruits and veggies too and omega turtle sticks ( the good ones) but she doesn’t eat them :( I roll all her worms in calcium too ...