Bought a cherryhead from “tortoise town”

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Baby came in! but he might be a regular Redfoot. The plastron is mostly lighter. But he has crazy extra scutes and looks like some crazy marbling already and nice colors too. Either way it’s very unique.... I’m actually pleasantly surprised because the baby came out ready to eat and drink as soon as I unboxed him. Already looking around and very curious. I think it will more than likely be a girl. But who knows.. Anyone think of a good name? No filter on these photos :)
View attachment 301389View attachment 301390View attachment 301391
Happy to see it’s doing well so far. Based on your picture, I would suggest you change the water dish to a small clay plant saucer that’s shallow and easy to get in and out of. Keep the temperature and humidity above 80. 80/80%. Good luck and you will find great information on this forum. Keep us updated!

saleena.lewis

Massachusetts
I'm a little late to the conversation but I have a redfoot (close to a cherry head) and I got him from shadows reptile located in florida. I know that on occasion he also has cherry heads. He is an amazing breeder and he really cares for his animals, I would look into his website (shadowsreptiles.com)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Can you post pictures of the Plastron? I'm glad you got a Tortoise that's already eating, that's a good sign. I just looked at Tortoise Towns website and theres almost a $150 difference between their Redfoots and Cherry head Redfoots. If it were me and that's not a true Cherry I'd be bombarding them with calls and emails trying to get the difference in my money back from them.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I know you have fallen in love with your tortoise...I however agree to make sure it's a true cherry head. Regardless if what you would choose to do. Take a picture of his tummy to find out and you still have time to think about getting money back or let it be. My opinion

Makijoy

Bel air md
Can you post pictures of the Plastron? I'm glad you got a Tortoise that's already eating, that's a good sign. I just looked at Tortoise Towns website and theres almost a $150 difference between their Redfoots and Cherry head Redfoots. If it were me and that's not a true Cherry I'd be bombarding them with calls and emails trying to get the difference in my money back from them.
The plastron is light, So I think it’s a Redfoot with a lot of color. got about 50 dollars off when I bought it, but... it’s cute.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The plastron is light, So I think it’s a Redfoot with a lot of color. got about 50 dollars off when I bought it, but... it’s cute.
Agree
At any rate he or she is spectacularly colorful.
Did you get money off because of the extra scutes, it being a hybrid or something else.
(Hybrid is just a guess because I've seen quite a few recently)

Makijoy

Bel air md
Agree
At any rate he or she is spectacularly colorful.
Did you get money off because of the extra scutes, it being a hybrid or something else.
(Hybrid is just a guess because I've seen quite a few recently)
I just found a discount code lol