Bowsers_Mummies28

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello Tortoise Fam!

We recently added a 2 month old Leopard Tortoise to our home. I have found lots of good info here so far and am excited to post my questions!

Bowser was hatched on 10/28/2020. We currently have them setup in a 10 gallon tank with a log hide, water dish, rock, ball, UVB lamp and 100w ceramic lamp. We also have a humidifier as well (have lots of questions about temps and humidity levels). So far we believe Bowser is as happy as can be!

20201230_124259.jpg20210117_173005.jpg20210116_112655.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

There's quite a bit about Bowser's enclosure that needs to be changed. I hope you'll read our care sheet with an open mind and make the changes for Bowser's sake.

Bowsers_Mummies28

Michigan
Hi, and welcome!

There's quite a bit about Bowser's enclosure that needs to be changed. I hope you'll read our care sheet with an open mind and make the changes for Bowser's sake.

Thank you for sharing Yvonne! I have not seen this care sheet yet, there are so many different opinions online it is kinda overwhelming. Going to do our best to make Bowser thrive!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome
There is a lot of old and incorrect information still being passed around on the internet.
This forum has many very experienced keepers, some of who have been involved in research which thankfully they share with us. So forget the other websites and FB etc. and stick to this one where the information is up to date and the best you'll get.

He is a beautiful tort but needs more space because torts are roaming creatures and need to wander in order to aid their digestion. Another thing I would change is the water dish. It is quite steep for him and could be a tipping/drowning hazard. A terracotta plant saucer is safer and will take up less room and if you give him some of the recommended substrate you can sink it level with the surface to make it easier for him to access.
The caresheet will explain everything and there is always someone here to answer questions.