Bowsprits for sale

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
For several days there have been 2 Bowsprits for sale on Kingsnake.com. Price ot $2500 each seems exhorbitant to me and likely reason they havn't moved yet.. Is this out of line?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have no idea what they should sell for, however, because they're not readily available in the pet trade here in the States, I would expect to pay a high amount for one.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I believe those 2 are from the "Snakes at Sunset" company in South fl. I've seen posts here where members are aware of these 2

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
Yes - we have discussed those 2 on the forum in another thread. Their value is a tough one as they are nearly impossible to find in the US. These particular 2 are young, small and unknown sex, so that plays into it....but again, they are excessively rare in the US. I have been talking to Mike about them but haven't struck a deal yet. If you end up buying them, or hear of someone that does, please let me know so I can get them in the studbook and get them involved in the CAWG.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
It won't be me as that money is WAY out of my league. Last I saw some was a few years ago when Dan in FL had several I believe at about $700 and I thought that was a LOT for wild caught.

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Based on the information I am getting , SA is no longer exporting them . What we have is what we got here in the US.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Based on the information I am getting , SA is no longer exporting them . What we have is what we got here in the US.
Yip they are not allowed to be exported at all. That is not to say that there won't be any on the black market as that is something that no matter how hard we try still manages to find a way.

Salspi

Chicago
I’d love to have them! Price prohibitive and not sure I’d want to get them from a snake breeder.