boy girl status update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
Hi all,
I know its still way to early to know for sure but i was just curious if shorty was looking boy or girl so far. I think it would be interesting to check again in 6-12 months and see if there is a "change". :)
89b59cdb.jpg

ecc7e604.jpg

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I would go with female for now. But, of course this is just a guess. Please post again in 6 months I am curious.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Vishnu2 said:
I would go with female for now. But, of course this is just a guess. Please post again in 6 months I am curious.

I will! I can't wait to see if and when it changes.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I can see both...check back later. :)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Shorty is just too small yet to make that call. I have one that's 8" scl, and I still can't tell for sure. I have another the same size, and it's quite obvious.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I was looking at this yesterday and found these two pics Yvonne posted. The first one is male, and the second is female:

Malenumber1plastron.jpg

Tortellini-plastron.jpg

I can't tell either. Just wondering for anyone with more experience, do most youngers start out with a plastron that looks male? Because that's how mine looks but it's only 5 months old.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Tortus said:
I was looking at this yesterday and found these two pics Yvonne posted. The first one is male, and the second is female:

Malenumber1plastron.jpg

Tortellini-plastron.jpg

I can't tell either. Just wondering for anyone with more experience, do most youngers start out with a plastron that looks male? Because that's how mine looks but it's only 5 months old.
Most baby leopards anal scutes look much more male than female.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
he he he I am not looking for a definative answer now.... this thread is more to see how much things change down there as Short Round gets older. to begin with he (I have always called him he) looked sort of female... I want to see if it will flip flop back and forth or if he will always look kinda female.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
That's a good idea. I think I'll start a new thread next month just for monthly updates since mine has a lot of extra stuff in it. I only have 1 month and 5 month plastron shots right now.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I would guess shorty to be a male,,, thats an early guess

Status
Not open for further replies.