BP and oil and sea turtles = deadly results

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
GOD! Haven't sea turtles been put through the wringer enough as it is!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
That makes me sick. I hope something can be done.

moswen

5 Year Member
what a sad place we live in, we've created an entire world that completely depends on taking something out of the earth that is non-replentishable, we create situations where large scale major disasters happen, and because of our lack of caring for the creatures with which we share this world, we punish them with the death penalty for esentially "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" and living and doing what they've done for thousands of years. and we're NOT ALLOWING anyone to come in and save a life. awesome. i'm not going to lie, and i know someone will call me a nerd for this, but it would be totally awesome to be a navi, not a human...

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
moswen said:
what a sad place we live in, we've created an entire world that completely depends on taking something out of the earth that is non-replentishable, we create situations where large scale major disasters happen, and because of our lack of caring for the creatures with which we share this world, we punish them with the death penalty for esentially "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" and living and doing what they've done for thousands of years. and we're NOT ALLOWING anyone to come in and save a life. awesome. i'm not going to lie, and i know someone will call me a nerd for this, but it would be totally awesome to be a navi, not a human...

Most of this post is highly blown out of proportion.... You make the entire event something that mankind wanted to happen. There's nobody that's happy about it. I also don't think there's anybody intentionally burning a sea turtle (it most likely was a story written by some environmental activist anyways). It's not that we don't care about the creatures, like you said. Every one of us was born dependent on oil, whether we agree with it or not. There is currently no alternative and there won't be any time soon, no matter how much money is thrown at windmills and solar panels, they just can't power things enough. Accidents happen. Nobody is happy about it. Some are working hard to minimize damage (the people of LA, with no help from the federal government), and others are using stories and photos of burning sea turtles and oil covered birds to their political advantage. Simple, really.

S

Scooter

I read another article about this that said they have not actually found any burnt turtles. It is a good possibility that it is happening but no actually evidence of it yet.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
thank you for sharing that picture. thank you for the contact info. i wish I didnt live so far away, or else I would be out there every weekend saving turtles.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
spikethebest said:
thank you for sharing that picture. thank you for the contact info. i wish I didnt live so far away, or else I would be out there every weekend saving turtles.

Same here. I'd give anything to save those poor turtles. :(

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
TylerStewart said:
moswen said:

Most of this post is highly blown out of proportion.... You make the entire event something that mankind wanted to happen. There's nobody that's happy about it. I also don't think there's anybody intentionally burning a sea turtle (it most likely was a story written by some environmental activist anyways). It's not that we don't care about the creatures, like you said. Every one of us was born dependent on oil, whether we agree with it or not. There is currently no alternative and there won't be any time soon, no matter how much money is thrown at windmills and solar panels, they just can't power things enough. Accidents happen. Nobody is happy about it. Some are working hard to minimize damage (the people of LA, with no help from the federal government), and others are using stories and photos of burning sea turtles and oil covered birds to their political advantage. Simple, really.

Being an electrician in the photovoltaic business I cant disagree more!! We have the technology and the space to provide more than enough power. What we dont have is a large propaganda machine telling people the truth. Too many people picking up what the gov. is putting down. What we also dont have is polaticians with the brass to write and pass a comprehensive alternative enrgy program that will essentially but the people that put them in office out of business. Its thinking like this thats ruining our country "We Need Oil". Get in line sheep and tell me where you want your "Chip".

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I know a little bit about the Horizon tragedy(forgotten about the 11 husbands and fathers who lost their lives?) and the events that followed.I was next door on a rig and witnessed it firsthand,from beginning to end. If you believe what the environmentalists and the media say,you are the sheep.It was blown out of proportion on a scale you can't fathom.If you don't like oil,park your car and start walking.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Bio Diesel, synthetic oil and Photovoltaic, I dont need to walk.... We all can live like this, but the polaticians your bosses pay for arent letting that happen. On the rig next to it, thats pretty much all I had to read and I knew the "environmentalist" and "media" bit were to follow. The "blown out of proportion" was a bit of a shock considering you started off talking about the 11 husbands and fathers who lost their lives, but much like the responce of BP I'm sure you consider the report of the loss of human life "blown out of proportion". I like the little play on words with the beleiving media bit "sheep", if only that were true. It saddens me that Americans like yourself actually think that the media account of what happened in the gulf was some sort of blown out of proportion report on the facts. Oh contraire. I'm not going to get into what I think about the media and what we can and cant believe considering they too are owned by large corporations tied to oil entities and the like. Isnt it amaizing what I CAN FATHOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.