Breeder recommendations for sulcatas?

Micka_mouse

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Does anyone know a good breeder in Oregon or someone reputable that ships. I have my hopes on an ivory or one with extra scutes but honestly I’ll be happy with a healthy baby that’s still a decent price. (I know that OR weather isn’t always the greatest so I am prepared to have a large indoor and outdoor enclosure ready to go before hand)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does anyone know a good breeder in Oregon or someone reputable that ships. I have my hopes on an ivory or one with extra scutes but honestly I’ll be happy with a healthy baby that’s still a decent price. (I know that OR weather isn’t always the greatest so I am prepared to have a large indoor and outdoor enclosure ready to go before hand)
I just sold all of mine. Contact @NorCal tortoise guy for healthy well started well hydrated babies.

Micka_mouse

Oregon
You definitely want a baby?
Adult Sulcata or sub adults that have outgrown their enclosures are pretty common on sites like CRAIGSLIST
I was looking into older torts to begin with but none have came up so I thought finding babies would be easier

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
There are soooo many on CL, it’s sad. On CL in LA right now there’s everything from tons of babies to three adults in a tiny cage that look near death and appear to have been kept in horrendous conditions but the guy is asking $500 Each. It’s heartbreaking

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
There are soooo many on CL, it’s sad. On CL in LA right now there’s everything from tons of babies to three adults in a tiny cage that look near death and appear to have been kept in horrendous conditions but the guy is asking $500 Each. It’s heartbreaking
Sounds like the guy should be offering $500 for someone to take them. SMH. Some peoples' kids. 😒

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah, same! If he were giving them away to get rid of them, or even reasonable price I'd try just to rehab and place them, but at $500k each, he's delusional

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
May take an offer after all he wants to sell them.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I don't think i could handle them. In the end, I sent a nice email hoping s/he takes them to a shelter or rescue (tho doubt they'll find one to take them) and letting them know they are probably going to find it difficult to sell at that price when there are so many cheaper ones online and they have that level of pyramiding. Who knows, maybe they'll stop trying to sell for a crazy price and try to help them, but I'm not optimisic

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think i could handle them. In the end, I sent a nice email hoping s/he takes them to a shelter or rescue (tho doubt they'll find one to take them) and letting them know they are probably going to find it difficult to sell at that price when there are so many cheaper ones online and they have that level of pyramiding. Who knows, maybe they'll stop trying to sell for a crazy price and try to help them, but I'm not optimisic
That's what I was going to say. When things like this are seen, a little education is needed. Never just ignore, that makes the one ignoring no better.
Glad you get that and sent an email. I did too. Hopefully they catch a clue.