Breeding-Laying-Hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

skottip

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
This is my second year producing these absolutely beautiful and rare tortoises, so needless to say, I am ecstatic.
I raised my adults from tiny hatchlings, so it makes it that much more rewarding.
I have worked with many species of tortoises and produced hundreds of babies in years past,but these are by far my favorite.They are hardy,personable and do wonderful indoors or out.
Last year I sold all of the babies I made available before even advertising.
I will more than likely have some available in the near future once established. I will hopefully have multiple bloodlines and temperature sexed males and females.
If interested in possibly acquiring one or more of these tortoises,please e-mail me here with all of your contact information.
Thank you.
:)
***E-mail order will dictate a first come first served waiting list***

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00245.JPG
    Copy of DSC00245.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Copy of DSC02780.JPG
    Copy of DSC02780.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Copy of DSC04859.JPG
    Copy of DSC04859.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 255
  • Copy of DSC05408.JPG
    Copy of DSC05408.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 256

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Hey Buddy, Job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are such a great species to work with!! Looking forward in hanging w you in Daytona!! I know its only April!! LOL!!!

Ken Siffert

skottip said:
This is my second year producing these absolutely beautiful and rare tortoises, so needless to say, I am ecstatic.
I raised my adults from tiny hatchlings, so it makes it that much more rewarding.
I have worked with many species of tortoises and produced hundreds of babies in years past,but these are by far my favorite.They are hardy,personable and do wonderful indoors or out.
Last year I sold all of the babies I made available before even advertising.
I will more than likely have some available in the near future once established. I will hopefully have multiple bloodlines and temperature sexed males and females.
If interested in possibly acquiring one or more of these tortoises,please e-mail me here with all of your contact information.
Thank you.
***E-mail order will dictate a first come first served waiting list***

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
lol,
It will come sooner than you think! I am looking forward to it also. Just think, a year ago, this Daytona expo will be a year since you and the "nobody" met!

Oh yea, how do you think your babies look as adults? lol
Bet ya wished you held some back! :)

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Honestly, it’s really GREAT seeing my babies all these years later and now producing!! Not many people can start with babies and make the LONG commitment of waiting YEARS for them to grow up and produce! You have done a GREAT Job with your entire group and you deserve all the success you are having!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

skottip said:
lol,
It will come sooner than you think! I am looking forward to it also. Just think, a year ago, this Daytona expo will be a year since you and the "nobody" met!

Oh yea, how do you think your babies look as adults? lol
Bet ya wished you held some back! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are you hatching them in the ground? Fascinating. Love this species.

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Tom, I am hoping that I am not missing any clutches! lol
So far, I have incubated them in an incubator.I would think in Fl. it would be possible to have them hatch out of the ground. I have had friends hatch Radiateds out of the ground in the past.
Who knows? Maybe someday I will see a few babies crawling around in the pen!
I did get your e-mail.
I will reply back tonight.
Thank you for your comments. They are amazing.I have worked with and hatched Indians in the past but these are by far my favorite!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't have first hand experience with them, but I'm told they are very outgoing and personable. Very unafraid as adults. Sound accurate to you?

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Absolutely Tom.
They remind me a lot of redfoots as far as personality. They are very personable, not shy and appreciate a good head scratching.
Tom, if you e mail me your #, I will give you a call tomorrow so I can answer your first question and any other you may have.I own a business and just finished work. Time to hit the hay.

conservation

10 Year Member!
Beautiful tortoises! Who is this Ken guy who produced these torts? It is very impressive that you raised up hatchlings that are now producing! Good work!

evlinLoutries

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Hi, what a beautiful burmese u had..

Can I ask how big ur female and male in size?

I was a Tortoise before!

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Evlin, my males range from 6.5 to 8 inches and my Breeding females are from 10 to 13 inches.

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Thank you Hustler. I wish I could commit to the gym like that. lol
Not so much though. Tortoises are so much more fun.

locado999

5 Year Member
Nice to see your buddies...
How many years it took for them to start breeding from hatchling stage?
At present I'm having 8-10 month babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.