Bricks in an aquarium?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
View attachment 235366 View attachment 235367 View attachment 235368 I have only used pond submersible filters, the box style.
Have you searched for an actual turtle tank? One side is cut out shorter for hanging filters because of having smaller depths of water. Not sure how big they make them though.
If they don't make them big enough, you could probably special order it through an aquarium/fish specialty store.
Since I've already got the 40 gal breeder, I'm trying to make it work. :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
True, but that is the case with any canister filter in any usage situation. Don't see how its any different for this application.
Actually no. I have used canisters years ago for my cichlids. One yes would stop if siphon was broken. The other one, better one did not. It did start back up. Of course I don't remember the brand of either one. The lower amount of water would make it work harder trying to pull the water. I think it would be more trouble then it would be worth.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Since I've already got the 40 gal breeder, I'm trying to make it work. :p
Okay, I understand that. So, how about this. If you have a temp tank/tub you can put him in. Cut the silicone out of the one end, two corners and bottom, taking the end piece of glass out. Have that piece cut down so it's 8 or so inches tall and then silicone it back in. It's really quite easy. I have done it to two different tanks in the past and no glass breakage.