Bringing home a new tortoise on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I went into the reptile shop today to buy a new bulb, and ended up reserving a Cherry Headed Redfoot tortoise as well. The owner lets me know about his tortoises that are expected in a few days early in case I'm interested, and even let me have my pick of the group (after he picked out his of course [WINKING FACE]). Here's a pick of the little one (furthest on the right) ImageUploadedByTortForum1374627377.551966.jpg

I'm looking at care sheets now, but if anyone here has one that they prefer to another, please let me know. I'd rather info from here than a random site. I learned my lesson the hard way with my first sulcata.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. One good place to look besides here is our own members site the tortoiselibrary.com

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Thanks Wellington. I did stumble upon that one in a search. Luckily I have time to set up before I can go get the little one. I'm pretty excited.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
What a looker..ive been trying to look for care sheets for redfoots to post under my signature. The best ive found is the one from the tortoise library. It looks like they have been started pretty good. Looks like they are good and humid. Substrate looks good. Overall they look good...

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Ok great, tortoise library it is then!

And I agree Mainey32. When he sent me pictures asking if I was interested I had to say yes. The breeder is actually the vet I take my tortoises to. He had a few that his wife didn't sell and gave them to the shop, which I have to admit does a pretty fantastic job with their animals for a pet store. It's mainly a snake/lizard store but I've seen stars, clown faced redfoots, ornate box turtles, and a few other species and they really try to give them good care while they are with them.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Congrats on the upcoming addition! Madkins (Mark, the guy that created tortoise library) is a great guy and helped me with a lot of in-depth info that wasn't on his site. I owe most of my sanity to him before the redfoots arrived. Read as much as you can there; it's helped me tons. Enjoy your little one.. he's a looker. And remember to show pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.