Bringing home a yellowfoot possibly today

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Other then being dad it is not a yellow and had a poor past, so very happy it has a much better home. :)
I'm bummed it's not a yellowfoot as I had a feeling. But when I saw him I didn't care what tortoise it was, I just couldn't leave him, no way!!! However it was a great save!! Pretty bad condition he was living in :( I couldn't leave him I just couldn't do it! Now my husband is seriously not going to be too happy with me!!! But he'll get over it :p

Randi

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Aw, what a great save. It's unfortunate that it was kept the way it was, but now you can give it a wonderful existence. I wouldn't be able to leave it there either!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm bummed it's not a yellowfoot as I had a feeling. But when I saw him I didn't care what tortoise it was, I just couldn't leave him, no way!!! However it was a great save!! Pretty bad condition he was living in :( I couldn't leave him I just couldn't do it! Now my husband is seriously not going to be too happy with me!!! But he'll get over it :p
You are SUCH a great person for saving this poor tort!!!! :)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Thanks...he's such an active tortoise. I can't wait to post before and after pis of him!!
Hi. You have the tort bug bad like me. So glad you took him/her home with you. How many do you have now? Is it male or female. The plastron is slightly concave and anal scutes in a vee shape, but the tale looks bulbous like a female and not long like a male. How long is its carapace.
Ha, cant stop thinking how happy you must be.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Hi. You have the tort bug bad like me. So glad you took him/her home with you. How many do you have now? Is it male or female. The plastron is slightly concave and anal scutes in a vee shape, but the tale looks bulbous like a female and not long like a male. How long is its carapace.
Ha, cant stop thinking how happy you must be.
Well I love my babies!! I will take more pics when I get home tonight!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Is there a thread that discusses the difference between yellow foot and Redfoot? Complete with detailed pictures? :) it would be very helpful for us clueless people. I can't tell the difference between the two types.
I believe there was, I'm going to search it up. However this is a redfoot. The prefrontal scales on the nose indicates a sure sign if it's a yellowfoot. This one has the redfoot scale markings I just got.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Yellowfoot is on the left

image.jpg

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Well I called the vet for a wellness check. He goes in tomorrow am. This tort definitely has an URI, sores on the side of its mouth, he's skinny to me, needs a nail trim and beak trim. But has a great appetite and very active. He must've been use to his awful living conditions, I just want him to be happy and healthy. I will take before and after pics. I tried to trim his beak but I was too damn nervous and don't want to split his mouth open.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Thanks Jacqui :) I love this new tort. I need a name for him, I think it's a him.
Any chance of a photo of its plastron so we can all have a guess at its sex before the vet proves me wrong. Oh and what was the name of the area you got him/her from. I think he/she looks nice and that beak will soon reduce if you give him/her some cuttlefish and feed off a slate, and send a photo now, cant't keep saying him/her all the time and I don't like referring to torts as IT. lol:)