Bringing home a yellowfoot possibly today

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Wow, He's bigger than I thought. My 2 northern males are a bit smaller than him, about 8". There plastrons are extremely concave and tales are huge compared to yours. mmm ponder. :) Does he hang his tale to left or right when he walks, or does it just stick out in a straight line.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Wow, He's bigger than I thought. My 2 northern males are a bit smaller than him, about 8". There plastrons are extremely concave and tales are huge compared to yours. mmm ponder. :) Does he hang his tale to left or right when he walks, or does it just stick out in a straight line.
He has it to the side usually. Yeah he's a big boy :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks captive bred from pyramiding. So really no way of knowing exactly what region it has. Could be offspring from multiple clads. No way of knowing for certain.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
He has it to the side usually. Yeah he's a big boy :)
I just thought I would show you my 3 males. 1st and 2nd photo are northern reds(8" and 8.5" plastron length) and the last 3 are of my male cherryhead.(7" plastron length and not concave at all). See what you think compared to your new chap. Also earlier on you said you had a female with a long tale, any photo's of that one please. Thanks again.

IMG_2353.JPG IMG_2362.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2 (1).JPG photo 5.JPG

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Looks captive bred from pyramiding. So really no way of knowing exactly what region it has. Could be offspring from multiple clads. No way of knowing for certain.
I meant your photo. lol.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I just thought I would show you my 3 males. 1st and 2nd photo are northern reds(8" and 8.5" plastron length) and the last 3 are of my male cherryhead.(7" plastron length and not concave at all). See what you think compared to your new chap. Also earlier on you said you had a female with a long tale, any photo's of that one please. Thanks again.

View attachment 125026 View attachment 125027 View attachment 125028 View attachment 125029 View attachment 125031
HOLY TAIL!!! That's crazy huge

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
@Anyfoot when I get home tonight from work I will send you a pic but let me search the forum real quick. I know I posted pics before.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
It will be interesting when you introduce your new one to your existing herd. If I'm wrong, then so what. I'm not convinced he's a male. Can't wait to see what he does when he's been with your other females a while. ;)
:eek::D All I know is my largest female is ready for a male!!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Ha, If he's male you will know within a couple of days.:) Have you got a name yet.
Nope...I'm no good with names. Something will come to me just takes a bit :rolleyes:. I can't wait to introduce him to the other torts. But not sure how long I should wait...3 mos at least :(. Better be safe than sorry though!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
It's funny...all my Redfoots have the V shaped marking on their heads. I got them at all different times and still end up with that marking!!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Nope...I'm no good with names. Something will come to me just takes a bit :rolleyes:. I can't wait to introduce him to the other torts. But not sure how long I should wait...3 mos at least :(. Better be safe than sorry though!
Peewee is his name. hahaha sorry, couldn't resist. I'd give him a unisex name. You can't trust the lady is telling the truth who sold it you, so quarantine is necessary. She said it was specially delivered from Brazil. I don't believe that. So you really don't know its history.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Peewee is his name. hahaha sorry, couldn't resist. I'd give him a unisex name. You can't trust the lady is telling the truth who sold it you, so quarantine is necessary. She said it was specially delivered from Brazil. I don't believe that. So you really don't know its history.
Yeah it's a wired story. However he will be quarantined until the initial meeting of his fellow family members :) The vet told me this morning if I'd like to give the new tortoise to the Michigan reptile rescue and maybe they have a Yellowfoot I could swap it out with. She said she will let me know. A few vets sit on the board. I told the vet the whole story about being a possible yellowfoot. But I really like this tort :)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Yeah it's a wired story. However he will be quarantined until the initial meeting of his fellow family members :) The vet told me this morning if I'd like to give the new tortoise to the Michigan reptile rescue and maybe they have a Yellowfoot I could swap it out with. She said she will let me know. A few vets sit on the board. I told the vet the whole story about being a possible yellowfoot. But I really like this tort :)
:eek: Swap it out. o_O You saved this poor guy for a better home with you. :( .