Bringing home a yellowfoot possibly today

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I came across an add about a lady stating she has a 4 yr old yellowfoot. So I'm taking a drive to see this tortoise in person. I asked her to send me a pic of the tortoise-crappiest picture ever!!! It was so blurry. Anyways, I think it's a redfoot and we will see. I'm meeting her in about 3 hours. I hope it's not a scam, I'm going alone :eek:. So we will see if I have a yellowfoot at last :p.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Oh I am so jealous! *fingers crossed* Keep us posted and be safe. Your family or friend knows where your going and other details just in case right?
Well my husband thinks I'm going with a friend, that friend was going to go with me but the time frame got changed. She can't go now :-( but I'm going to call the lady in just a bit. I'll be ok!! I've just never met up with a stranger before for getting things. So I have the Craigslist killer in my head lol! I'll be sure to keep Ya updated. I'm really having a feeling it's a redfoot. But it's about a 45 min drive. So if it's a yellowfoot I'll be so happy and it was worth it. I can't wait to post pics if it really is a yellow!! Many people think they have a yellow but it's a redfoot. I'll let you know soon :) I've yet to see a yellow in person!! It might be a real good Friday afterall!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
Well my husband thinks I'm going with a friend, that friend was going to go with me but the time frame got changed. She can't go now :-( but I'm going to call the lady in just a bit. I'll be ok!! I've just never met up with a stranger before for getting things. So I have the Craigslist killer in my head lol! I'll be sure to keep Ya updated. I'm really having a feeling it's a redfoot. But it's about a 45 min drive. So if it's a yellowfoot I'll be so happy and it was worth it. I can't wait to post pics if it really is a yellow!! Many people think they have a yellow but it's a redfoot. I'll let you know soon :) I've yet to see a yellow in person!! It might be a real good Friday afterall!

good luck as Jacqui said make sure to tell people where your going.

but i'm sure you'll be fine, if it makes you feel any better im on a 4 hour greyhound trip by myself to Eugene Oregon right now lol

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
good luck as Jacqui said make sure to tell people where your going.

but i'm sure you'll be fine, if it makes you feel any better im on a 4 hour greyhound trip by myself to Eugene Oregon right now lol
Thanks & Yup that makes me feel much better :) I'm gonna tell 2 people, better be safe than sorry!!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Just got off the phone with the lady. She stated she special ordered this tortoise years ago. So I'm very anxious to see this tortoise. I thought she said she's 4 yrs old but apparently almost 6 yrs old. So she's had this tortoise since a hatchling & it's getting too big. I can't wait to post pics. It may be true a yellowfoot at last:)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Just got off the phone with the lady. She stated she special ordered this tortoise years ago. So I'm very anxious to see this tortoise. I thought she said she's 4 yrs old but apparently almost 6 yrs old. So she's had this tortoise since a hatchling & it's getting too big. I can't wait to post pics. It may be true a yellowfoot at last:)
Patiently waiting here (arms crossed tapping foot on the ground)

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Patiently waiting here (arms crossed tapping foot on the ground)
Ok... First off I'm not sure if she's a yellowfoot. She looks for sure a redfoot. It turned into a rescue mission! This tortoise is in horrendous shape, dry, foil pieces in her home. The place stunk so bad. Here she is

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
That's a Redfoot and in not as bad condition as I thought after reading your first post. It's hard to tell but that pic makes the shell look concave like a male. Good save, it needed a better home for sure.