Bubba still Wheezing after Vet visit & Injection 0.7 ml/cc Baytril 2.27% for 3+ weeks and counting

sandiegowarrior

5 Year Member
I have been injecting bubba for 3 weeks and counting 0.7 ml/cc every day every other leg on vets orders. Bubba is still making a wheezing sound and going in his shell while wheezing lifting his back legs up and pushing his whole body forward. Do I need to try nebulising bubba ? & if so whats a good way to do so ?

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
how big is the tortoise , I believe 2.27% baytril is 22.7 mg/ml , .7 ml would be 15-16 mg , the dosages I know of range from about 2.5-5mg/lb …...…. if you've been dosing him correctly , in my opinion it's not working , and not going to , you need to stop and do something else , personally i'd have stopped and notified the vet after 10 days of no improvement …been a long time since I used baytril , I never found a need to dose it everyday …..... you need to try a different antibiotic ……….. personally I cannot recall going more than a week , with any antibiotic that ended up working ,without seeing improvement , not complete cure , but better ........I've changed antibiotics and had the 2nd one show it was working in the first week ……… if it's viral , there are some common viral infections that cause respiratory problems , all you can do is support the tortoise as best you can and hope for the best ……… i wouldn't trust my math , or memory when it comes to dosing your tortoise , but i'd definitely tell my vet what your doing isn't working ...…..

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I hope he recovers well. It just shows that it's best to follow your instincts when you feel something is wrong.