ArmadilloPup

Location (City and/or State)
NE Oklahoma
Hello, friends! Everyone here is always posting their beautiful carpentry skills. Here's what I can do! ?‍♀️

svenhome (2).jpg
I miscounted panels, the foil will eventually be replaced. Foil works in a pinch, but it takes longer for temps to climb back up if you open it up

svenhome (1).jpg
All electronics secured with electrical tape. The rightmost cage panel swings up for easy access!

My marginated (now known as Sven) is still too young for hibernation, so here is his beautiful winter home. C&C cage panels and dollar store tubs. The thermostat in the back chamber reads at a steady 80F/26F, gauges read 76 to 78F in the front chamber, and the caged section stays a little above room temp (I keep the house at 68F/20C). Humidity is low in that caged part, but I can keep it above 60% in the chambers with a spritz twice a day. I keep the heat on all the time to avoid respiratory issues.

happysven.jpg
"Mustard greens? Eww."

I hope this helps someone who needs ideas, but has no access to lumber :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hello, friends! Everyone here is always posting their beautiful carpentry skills. Here's what I can do! ?‍♀️

View attachment 337436
I miscounted panels, the foil will eventually be replaced. Foil works in a pinch, but it takes longer for temps to climb back up if you open it up

View attachment 337437
All electronics secured with electrical tape. The rightmost cage panel swings up for easy access!

My marginated (now known as Sven) is still too young for hibernation, so here is his beautiful winter home. C&C cage panels and dollar store tubs. The thermostat in the back chamber reads at a steady 80F/26F, gauges read 76 to 78F in the front chamber, and the caged section stays a little above room temp (I keep the house at 68F/20C). Humidity is low in that caged part, but I can keep it above 60% in the chambers with a spritz twice a day. I keep the heat on all the time to avoid respiratory issues.

View attachment 337438
"Mustard greens? Eww."

I hope this helps someone who needs ideas, but has no access to lumber :)
Great idea and inexpensive to put together...great idea!!!