Build a indoor enclosure (table)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius25

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
France
Hello everybody.
This is the problem, i would like to find a table enclosure for winter to put my Pardalis in.
I look on the web but i can't find bigger than 1.40m (4.9 feet)
But i want to have a bigger one, so i want to build my own.
So i want to know if some of you have already done it and if you have plan and photo of example to help me.

Precisions, if want to do it with the 4 side in wood, no glass.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I build them and sell them at reptile shows and online(well use to online taking a break until new site is up) Here in the U.S our lumber supply stores sell 3/4" thick 4'x8' wide solid plywood. I then use 1x6 for smaller torts all the way up to 1x12 for larger torts. Miter the corners screw and glue together as well as screw and glue the desired size of plywood to the 1x material for the walls, Caulk and sand the wood, then primer, then paint two coats of white or desired color. then laquer seal or polyurethane the entire enclosure for a smooth slick sealed finish. You can also go the more pro route Like I do in my permanent facilities.

2x4 frame on bottom with plywood glued and screwed to top. Place 1x6 from bottom of 2x4 frame to the sides, and the 1x material with be above the tort table floor (plywood) about 3" and then get some 1/4" glass cut to the inside dimensions of the table. The 1x material is used to secure the glass, When you get the glass silicon it all together. before placing glass use same methods as above, caulk, paint and seal before placing glass.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
the second pic is just what i wan't to have.
Can you give me size avalaible and if you can do it with size i want ?
And also the price.
(give me this info by MP if you prefer)
Do you think that it will be expensive to send it to france ? because it's big and heavy

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
UHHHHHH, To france I have no idea. I could check. I usually sell the 2'x6' with the light bar for $140. The biggest I can make is literally a building. Ha. Id say an 8'x3' should be good. Would run around $225. But I would have to look into shipping.

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Perkasie, Pa
tortadise said:
UHHHHHH, To france I have no idea. I could check. I usually sell the 2'x6' with the light bar for $140. The biggest I can make is literally a building. Ha. Id say an 8'x3' should be good. Would run around $225. But I would have to look into shipping.

Any idea for shipping on the 2x6 to pa. 18944.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
In the states those sizes are around 150 for freight shipping. Ends up being around 300 total for the table and shipping.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
thanks, i wait the info about france shipping.

The size i would like is 1.70m x 0.80m (in feet it's 5.55 feet x 2.6 feet)
a little question what is the side wall high ?
I would need 0.40m (1.3 feet)
Can you give me the price for this size please.
I will try to look for the france shipping price too.
;)

other precision, I have already light and heat source so i don't need it.
I would like just the wood enclosure, i could fix my own light and heat source on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.