Building A New Pond In Box Turtle Enclosure!!

Turtlesfromcolo

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I'm currently starting on a new project in my ornate box turtles out door enclosure. I'm building a pond for my 3 adults. I dont have exact measurements, but it's not going to be terribly huge. I'm thinking around 2 ft w x 2 ft deep. I've been looking into getting a solar pond filter, but haven't really found what I'm looking for and I don't want to buy something that will just end up being a waste. I've never built a pond before and was looking for any helpful suggestions on a filter or how you keep yours clean and nice... I added a pic of the first stages. I'm including a little shallow stream that flows off the pond. Thanks in advance for any help!! Trust me I need it lol.

Attachments

• 1489944041381.jpg
    1489944041381.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 54

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
From what I have heard, as a rule the solar ones aren't really powerful enough.

Warm enough to dig already in CO?

Adogowo

5 Year Member
Have you finished the pond by now? I would love to see it I'm from Littleton living in Ohio now. Have you considered air driven pump for the pond recirculation/ filtering. Look them up on YouTube they are great the air pump can be housed inside a garage or house and just run out a tube to the pond. There is a guy in Hawaii at Alhomee? gardens that has a bunch of tutorials.