Building A Sulcata Enclosure. Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandEe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SW florida
310876_2462639010879_1399344400_32857600_895429573_n.jpgHi Everyone!
I am new to this Forum and was wondering if I could get some ideas for building my Salcata an enclosure.
He/She is only about 2 weeks old so its still small.
I currently am housing it in a glass 10 gallon tank but I can tell he/she is not very happy with this and want to get to making an enclosure ASAP.
I have done a bit of research but can not find many pictures of what i have in mind so I was wondering if everyone could share pictures of their tortoise enclosures so I can get some better ideas of how to do it. Also, any advice is appreciated! =)
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Welcome to the forum! Prepare yourself for an avalanche of good advice on your Sully & enclosure! :)

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Hi
Welcome to the forum
The baby is adorable.
I'm sure you will get some Sulcata advice very soon. I can't speak from personal experience on this species.(sadly):(

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Welcome! Your tortoise appears to be older than a couple weeks old, he looks more like a couple months....but very cute nonetheless.

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
I have a Sulcata a couple months old and so far I'm really liking the 40 gallon aquarium I have, it's a long model so the sides aren't very high like standard fish tanks. It's easy to control the temps and humidity. It gives me time to design and build a tortoise table when he becomes big enough to need one and use one. The best part was it was on sale for 1 buck a gallon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi MandeE:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

B

byerssusan

Hello and welcome. I had my tortoise in an aquarium also when I first got her at two weeks old. I kept her in there a very short while. I just took an old book shelf and made an enclosure..But as you browse through this forum you are going to see so many nice set ups. Have fun with your new little one

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
MandEe said:
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this Forum and was wondering if I could get some ideas for building my Salcata an enclosure.
He/She is only about 2 weeks old so its still small.
I currently am housing it in a glass 10 gallon tank but I can tell he/she is not very happy with this and want to get to making an enclosure ASAP.
I have done a bit of research but can not find many pictures of what i have in mind so I was wondering if everyone could share pictures of their tortoise enclosures so I can get some better ideas of how to do it. Also, any advice is appreciated! =)
Thanks!

This is an enclosure I built for my hatchling Sulcata to specifically hold in heat and moisture so that it would be very humid. its a 28 by 42 and 10 inches tall. I planted grass in it which is growing very nicely. Ill warn you now it costs about $$110.
and I used acrylic sheets so that I can see my Gupta and he can see me.
Photo on 2011-10-25 at 12.03.jpg click on the picture to make it bigger, I know it looks bad cause I have all of that stuff on it but its very effective

Last edited by a moderator:

MandEe

5 Year Member
SW florida
Thank You all for the warm welcome! I forgot to introduce myself lol
My name is Amanda or Mandee
I live in Sw Florida
I have a Sulcata who is temporarily named Tortellini the tortoise until we find out the sex of him/her. =)
I was told my little one was about 1 week old when I purchased him/her from a nature park a week ago and I am very excited to watch Tortellini grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.