Bulb for night time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Trying to get everything ordered for my indoor hatchling enclosure amd I need some input on a heat bulb for night time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ceramic heat emitter is what most of us use. It gives off heat and no light, more natural then having a light on all night. They aren't that expensive and last a long time.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Thanks. Ive seen those recommended but didn't realize they don't put off light. I feel like a dork now

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Also get a thermostat. I've seen one made by "Zilla". They are about $25 and when you hook up your CHE to it, it will maintain your warm ambient temp day and night.

Read the threads in my signature BEFORE you buy. PLEASE. Make sure you get one from the RIGHT source and then make sure your environmental conditions simulate the African rainy season and NOT a desert. Babies need it hot, humid, and they need to be well hydrated. Sulcatas are NOT desert tortoises. Don't buy from someone who keeps babies on rabbit pellets, with no water bowl, and soaks the tiny hatchlings once a week. Recipe for disaster. You want a baby that has been living on a moisture friendly substrate, with a humid hide, with a water bowl, and hopefully soaked every day, or at least several times a week.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Thanks Tom I've read lots of your posts. Im getting my hatchlings from Lance here on forum. I'm working on my indoor enclosure now and im following all the guides for raising pyramid free babies. And yeah im getting two from the same clutch but we have plenty of space to separate if its ever necessary.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Lance is a good seller. Still, I would not get two. Get one or three. I've never seen two sulcatas raised together where it wasn't a problem, including my own. They are not a species that does well in pairs, in my experience.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
I can do that, ill message him right now. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.