Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If you have nothing to offer to the original poster on a thread, please don't feel you have to take it upon yourself to "bump" the thread. Just leave it alone.

Today someone posted a thread around 2p (my time) and the very first answer to the post was a "bump" at only a few minutes after 2p. Then further on down in the thread, after several answers, there was another "bump" and this one was only an hour or so after the original post.

If you come across a thread that hasn't been answered in a day or two, then the "bump" would be appropriate...but, come on, folks...two bumps in just a couple hours on a brand new thread? Pahleeze!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
The bump it does not help the poster plus it clogs up the threadso stop bumping ;). Bump bump

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
LOL, you guys are so bad.

The first time someone bumped a thread of mine, I had no idea what was going on and thought the person was completely strange to answer my post with the word bump. :rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I bump because I know how I felt in the beginning when I needed a question answered and had to wait while my thread kept getting lower and lower on the list. I will refrain myself, it will be hard, I'm impatient, and don't want people to think they are ignored, but I will give it my best:D. Hehe I just legitimately bumped this thread :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
emysemys said:
If you have nothing to offer to the original poster on a thread, please don't feel you have to take it upon yourself to "bump" the thread. Just leave it alone.

Today someone posted a thread around 2p (my time) and the very first answer to the post was a "bump" at only a few minutes after 2p. Then further on down in the thread, after several answers, there was another "bump" and this one was only an hour or so after the original post.

If you come across a thread that hasn't been answered in a day or two, then the "bump" would be appropriate...but, come on, folks...two bumps in just a couple hours on a brand new thread? Pahleeze!

Is this a new rule from a mod, or are you just making conversation and sharing your pet peeves? :D

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Jacqui said:
It's not a forum rule.

6. Refrain from single word posts, smilie-only posts, etc.

I guess it depends on how you do it.

I've always thought it weird to bump another persons thread. Bumping should be left to the person that made the thread. What good does it do someone to log in and see that they have several replies, yet no answers?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you! I totally agree with this. When someone logs on, even a newbie who doesn't know the forum yet, they can easily find their own threads no matter what page it has ended up on. Just because it is on YOUR second page, that doesn't mean it is on someone else's second page. We all have our computers set differently.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
wellington said:
I bump because I know how I felt in the beginning when I needed a question answered and had to wait while my thread kept getting lower and lower on the list. I will refrain myself, it will be hard, I'm impatient, and don't want people to think they are ignored, but I will give it my best:D. Hehe I just legitimately bumped this thread :D

Same here!:D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
I Bump because I feel bad when someone has a thread with 129 views or something, but no reply's. So I bump them to let them know, even though I can't answer your question I want to help you. Therefor, I bump them :D ( *Bump!* \(^_^)/ :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.