Burmese brown mountains growth

pacific chelonians

Location (City and/or State)
SanDiego California
I don’t know if I made a post last month but I believe I meant to. I acquired three female Burmese Brown Mountain Tortoises about a month and a half ago. After I got them settled in I took some measurements and weights to keep track of. This is my first time keeping Mountain tortoises so I’m not quite sure what to expect when it comes to growth. They have all started to get some growth lines and gained quite a bit of weight not much growth lengthwise though, but definitely not concerned about that it’s only been a month. What do you guys think about the weight at which these guys are growing it seems pretty fast to me. And everything I’ve read about them tells me they’re super slow growers and I’m not in a rush to get these guys to adult size they’re almost there anyway so don’t want to be growing them too fast. Do you think that this growth is reasonable, or too fast. F1 stands for female 1 and so forth.

Attachments

• 89A17D0D-3754-4500-8507-B7096F8DBA27.jpeg
    89A17D0D-3754-4500-8507-B7096F8DBA27.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 18

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The bad thing about not using the species name is we really are not sure which species you're referring to. I've always thought Burmese BROWN was Manouria emys emys, and Burmese MOUNTAIN was Manouria emys phayreii. I may be wrong, but that's why I'm confused.

I have a four year old Mep that weighs about 10lbs and a three year old Mee that weighs about 5lbs.

So my experience with them depends upon their age. Your chart doesn't show age.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
The bad thing about not using the species name is we really are not sure which species you're referring to. I've always thought Burmese BROWN was Manouria emys emys, and Burmese MOUNTAIN was Manouria emys phayreii. I may be wrong, but that's why I'm confused.

I have a four year old Mep that weighs about 10lbs and a three year old Mee that weighs about 5lbs.

So my experience with them depends upon their age. Your chart doesn't show age.
They were hatched in 2015 so 6-7years old

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
Just to clarify these are mees produced by Chris at garden state tortoise in 2015 they are about 15inchs and the plastron lengths are what I am measuring Is the plastron length on the data sheet