Buying plants from local nursery

Ishjohn

Location (City and/or State)
Chino, CA
I have a local nursey that sells plants that are edible to my tortoise and apparently. I did ask them if they were safe to be eaten by my tortoise. Apparently, they do not use insecticides or pesticides on their plants but they do use only this with their plants:

https://www.moonvalleynurseries.com/fertilizer/supercharged-moon-juice ; and this for desert

Would it be safe to buy and feed these plants to my tortoise? Any input would be really helpful. Thank you so much I greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• moon_juice.jpg
    moon_juice.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
  • desert_juice.jpg
    desert_juice.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Without a list of ingredients I would be hesitant to immediately allow the consumption of the plants. However, if you bare rooted the plants (I.e. unpotted them, rinsed away all soli from the roots) and repotted them in organic soil with NO fertilizer in it, you could feed it to your tortoise after several weeks and waterings.

Ishjohn

Chino, CA
Without a list of ingredients I would be hesitant to immediately allow the consumption of the plants. However, if you bare rooted the plants (I.e. unpotted them, rinsed away all soli from the roots) and repotted them in organic soil with NO fertilizer in it, you could feed it to your tortoise after several weeks and waterings.
This is the image of ingredients that's on the bottle. I don't know if that helps. They said they do not spray it but they do put it on the soil I believe. Thank you.

Attachments

• 55FCCD67-70C9-4B42-8647-5A661AF814C6.jpeg
    55FCCD67-70C9-4B42-8647-5A661AF814C6.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 7