Cage, cages and more cages!!

yillt

Please help me! I was going to get Billy a Billy bookcase but The backs are soooo flimsy and I think it would break easily. I have browsed and searched the Internet for hours and can't find a cage for my 3 year old marginated! At the moment he is in a cage which would be small for a hatchling.:( I cant find a cage anywhere and I am sorry but I am not making one as I live with my mum and she is terrible at making things and we have no wood shops near by so please take don't say make one. I live in England and please may I have a link to something that would be suitable. It has to fit in my room so can't be massive but I have searched for plastic boxes and rabbit cages but can't find any PLS help. :):)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You can use the flimsy-backed book case. Afterall, it is going to be sitting on the floor, which supports it. You just need to line it with a sheet of plastic to protect it from the moist substrate.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
The guinea pig cage wouldn't hold in heat and humidity. What I did for my box turtle is I used an old dresser. I took out the drawers and ribs and just turned it onto it's back.

yillt

The guinea pig cage wouldn't hold in heat and humidity. What I did for my box turtle is I used an old dresser. I took out the drawers and ribs and just turned it onto it's back.
But is it big enough ( the guenia pig cage) because I can add a lid and make it more humid, i just need a base. :):)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Do you have Stocks tanks over there? Usually used to feed horses or sheep?some of them are plastic and come in various sizes. they are very sturdy.

yillt

No we don't !! I am just going to get the guenia pig cage!! I think!

yillt

Yes exactly. That is almost exactly like the one I have for my tortoise and then another one for my Boxturtle. I have a thread on it go in right now if you want ideas. They work Great, I bet there something similar over there.

yillt

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413311410.639000.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413311434.943493.jpgso his new cage arrived!! It's massive! It will probably last him 6 years or so it's longer than me lying down!:)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Can you make a tunnel for him to use that doll house? Because that would be awesome! Who wouldn't want to live in a doll house?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

yillt

I don't know the dimension but about 2 metres by half a metre or near that!