calcium-baby sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
which are better for baby sulcata? repcal powder with D3 or Cuttlebone?? how often?

i put my baby sulcata outside in the sun 2 hours a day, do i still need the calcium product?/ and the uvb light??

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
My sully gets the powder and the cuttlebone and the uva/uvb light, and he also gets out in the sun.

TheCobbler

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Hey! so this is the advice i've been given by most people. leave prepared cuttlebone in the enclosure. (take off the hard shell) your tort should munch on it when he/she needs it. also, sprinkle food twice a week. 2 hours of sunlight is ok. but more is better. around 5 hours at least is best. you will need a uvb bulb that's on for the day. you should always give calcium for good measure. just don't over apply the sprinkled food. stick to the plan and you'll do fine. good luck with everything!

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
TheCobbler said:
Hey! so this is the advice i've been given by most people. leave prepared cuttlebone in the enclosure. (take off the hard shell) your tort should munch on it when he/she needs it. also, sprinkle food twice a week. 2 hours of sunlight is ok. but more is better. around 5 hours at least is best. you will need a uvb bulb that's on for the day. you should always give calcium for good measure. just don't over apply the sprinkled food. stick to the plan and you'll do fine. good luck with everything!

Thanks.. But now is getting colder outside. Should I still take him out?

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Both and that would be very helpful for your baby also if he/she is inside then also have a UVB light also with heat

M

Maggie Cummings

No, don't take him out in the cold. Get a 100 watt UVB light, NOT a coil bulb and he will do fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.