calcium supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i was wondering what everyone else does and gives their star tortoises for calcium supplements. i give my star the rep cal with d3 everyday when he eats. my stars only 4-5 months old. i also on the weekends give him a vitamin supplement. this is alright i give him a calcium supplement everyday?
-joby

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
jobeanator said:
i was wondering what everyone else does and gives their star tortoises for calcium supplements. i give my star the rep cal with d3 everyday when he eats. my stars only 4-5 months old. i also on the weekends give him a vitamin supplement. this is alright i give him a calcium supplement everyday?
-joby

I give Calcuim with D3 to my 2 stars but I don't give them everyday. They get a sprinkling once a week to week and a half. When they were smaller (under a year old) I did sprinkle on their food everyday.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yeah thats what i do. i figure when he gets older i will not give him the supplement everyday i know when there this young it is vital for them to grow so they dont get MBD

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I give Calcium with D3 once a week to Hermy and TNT 2 times a week and there is always a cuttlebone im his enclosure :)

samstar

5 Year Member
I feed my Stars mainly on Mazuri which already contains Vit D3 which is why I put calcium powder maybe twice a week. A lot also depends on what you feed them and if their food already contains a lot of calcium. You dont want calcium build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.