calcium supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhigh81

5 Year Member
Does anyone know where I can find online a good calcium supplement to sprinkle on his greens? I found this one online: TNT Total Nutrition for Tortoises, but it is kind of pricey, which I dont mind as long as it is worth it. I want to make sure he has the best nutrition possible. Does anyone have any experience with this? Here are the ingredients:
ingredients: ingredients:
•barley grass powder
•Roselle powder (Hibiscus)
•dandelion leaf powder
•plantain leaf powder
•wheat grass powder
•chickweed powder
•raspberry leaf powder
•rose hip powder
•spirulina
•chlorella
•and more...
•OPTIONAL...Professional Grade Probiotics with microencapsulated (so more survive the digestive process and end up in the intestines where they are needed) beneficial bacteria

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I Just Buy cuttlebone For 50 cents to a dollar a stick, and once a week sprinkle it over it my little guys greens!

jhigh81

5 Year Member
Do you crush it up or something? I bought one and put the whole thing in his enclosure but I dont know if he has nibbled it or not.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I just use food grade calcium carbonate. Lee Pharmasuticals,online.The last I got was around 5.00 for 2 pouunds.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
jackrat said:
I just use food grade calcium carbonate. Lee Pharmasuticals,online.The last I got was around 5.00 for 2 pouunds.

same here. I use either the cuttle fish bone or the calcium cabonate tablets from the chemist.

Alot cheaper than petshop calcium supplements.:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I use cuttle bone both pieces and ground up .25 cents a piece at my local feed store, plus I always check the clearance section at most chain pet stores they often have some on clearance 25 to 50 cents piece every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.