Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

richellesworld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gulf Coast - Texas
So... I was holding my sweet Torty last night and savoring our quality time... As I was holding Torty in my hand, Torty began to Kiss my hand... 5 times in a row... I thought Torty was loving me and bonding with me.... Well I was mistaken... Torty Turned omnivore on mommy! I screamed!!! Then Torty let go. Zombie Torty!!!!!!!!!!!!Lesson learned ; tortoises don't kiss, the sniff before they eat! I wasn't hurt... Well I only had Torrey's beak marks on my hand... It does hurt a bit... Glad Torty is a 7 week old hatchling... lol here is a before pic of Torty kissing my hand. I'm attaching 2 other unrelated pics for your viewing pleasure..

image-3972447917.png

image-3626143476.png

image-2281632449.png

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Aww that's funny :) I thought Kiwi was being sweet when he kept pressing his head against my fingers too until CHOMP lol good thing they are still small with tiny mouths ;)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Reminds me of when my black throat monitor was a baby. My step son was holding him cupped in his hand, and he says,“ oh look, Sparky is biting me." I asked,“does it hurt?" He said,“ no. Ok. Hurting now! Hurting!" Oh how I laughed!

tifftortoise

5 Year Member
Latest did that to me yesterday. He thought I had food on my finger and bit down. Then he decided to chomp down on my son's toe. luckily my son thought it was hysterical.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
The second picture looks like he has his mouth open ready to chomp you and the third picture looks like he is smiling. LOL.

He sure is cute. Enjoy your little one.

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
How funny, be careful when they get bigger and you are wearing red toe nail polish. Those ties look like tastey strawberries :)

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I thought your story was great. Torty looked like it was loving on you. So funny! I think Torty has a beautiful shell. So smooth. Such a beautiful tortoise, looks so smooth and pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.