Cameleon

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Casselberry
Florida. So I went to the reptile expo that was in town, I didn't really see anything I was looking for . I was looking for a chameleon or a cameleon or a crested gecko. The ones I saw were ether crazy over priced or not the right size.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I could be wrong some guy at the expo was trying to explane the difference but to me they are exactly the same . so you have one . where can I get more info on them care and everything?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Cameleons are pretty much the same. If I remember correctly its basically a well- bred chameleon. Its a way for vendors to get more money for average products.
I don't know of any breeders in Florida. But you can buy them online and ship them!

Laura Currado

5 Year Member
Oakland County, MI
We've had experience w/chameleons: a Panther, Veiled, and a wild-caught Jackson pair. DO NOT GO WITH WILD-CAUGHT!. Not worth the risk of disease; both the Jacksons died and it was awful to go through!
The Crested was gorgeous and healthy, but like most Veiled, was very mean!!! He HATED my husband and would either hide or attack Erik. We sold him to a guy locally and still hear from time to time that Rushmore is still very mean and only eats very expensive hornworms.
Our Panther however...amazing! Look for a captive-bred male, and yes...they're expensive. Retail, Monkey would have been over $400, but he is so worth it! You do know that chameleons are like fish right? Pretty to look at and view but not supposed to be touched or handled ever? Panthers are often the exception to that rule.
Monkey was our untouchable-reptile for a few months when one day while Erik was cleaning the cage, he climbed right to Erik's arm then head and he's been super-friendly since. Easily the most personable reptile we have...one of only two who seek us out for attention! Oddly, he even loves our infant son, constantly coming up to him, though safely from behind glass.
Do your research. Research your breeder. Research your species. Monkey, what with the cost of him, his cage, accessories, and lights was over $600 in one day...and that doesn't include the price of his hornworms and Dubias. But he is so worth it!!!

Colt&Monkey.jpg
2012-10-23_15-56-43_655.jpg
2012-10-23_16-00-00_553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I totally agree. My next one would be a panther. My veiled is mean. He was almost a year old when I got him. Not sure if it would have made a difference if I were to have gotten him as a baby. The person I got him from admitted she didn't spend enough time with him. Her being honest, I at least knew what I was getting into.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
I been checking out on chameleons for some time now but my wife is totally against it.

She is the boss. So I can only enjoy them online.

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
Oh I love my veiled. He's so sweet and craves attention. He hates my husband, but not me!

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
What type of chameleon are you looking for. I have been breeding chameleons for over 15 years. I currently have some veileds for sale.
If you look on the Fauna classified link someone provided, you can see some of my ads. My user name on Fauna is 5150cham.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I'm not to good with the names. Iv talked to so many people and everyone has such different opinions. I know I want a baby or small one, I also want one that changes colors. I was told they all dont change so I am unawear at which ones do. I can't find u on my phone but I WILL look u up when I get to my comp.