Can anyone confirm what species my tortoise is?

Sau96sag

Can anyone please confirm the species of my tortoises please? Thanks.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Waltumus

Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hermanns or Ibera Greek. I'm not as good at naming species as the others on here. Either way they are some great looking tortoises

Sau96sag

Thanks, if anyone else can confirm I would appreciate it, I want to make sure I'm feeding them properly, so far I am feeding them plantain, dandelion and rocket.

Sau96sag

Thank you, the breeder said sulcata(African spurred) tortoise. But they didn't look right. Plus he said his hibernated and the sulcata doesn't? There diets are different so good job I checked. Thanks.

Reactions: Rue

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wonder if Chris ever feels used since we mostly only call on him for Tort ID. :(

I thank him all the time! I've really tried to learn how to I.D. these species, but it just doesn't compute. I don't know how we'd ever do it without him. Plus, he's written some excellent care sheets for us. He's our treasure, that's for sure.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
well at least he gets a thank you. I try ID them too but the only way that MAY work is if i watch his youtube video every time I look at these posts. and even then i sit here like "hmmm that looks like it could be either...." lol
And yes, I've read his care sheets ! even if they're not related to my tortoises :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
well at least he gets a thank you. I try ID them too but the only way that MAY work is if i watch his youtube video every time I look at these posts. and even then i sit here like "hmmm that looks like it could be either...." lol
And yes, I've read his care sheets ! even if they're not related to my tortoises :)
What species is your tort?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to you and your cute :tort: torts.

Waltumus

Central Florida
I think he probably thought sulcata because they have spurs on the back of their rear legs like Greeks do.