can anyone describe the eyes of baby indian star tortoise

Prashant

can anyone describe the eyes of baby indian star tortoise with pictures ??
how to check they are healthy or not.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It's probably easier to post pictures of your tortoise's eyes and ask if they look healthy.

Shiny, wide open, not sunk in and not bulging out doesn't really help much.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi @JoesMum posting pics of eyes please let me know are there eyes right. They are undergoing treatment of vet though.
View attachment 193827 View attachment 193828
I see an extremely cute tort and don't see anything to concern me. I don't have experience with This species specifically and will tag @Tom as he does have Indian Star experience. He's probably in bed right now; it will be morning for him in a few hours.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A tortoise's eyes of any species should be bright and wide open. Your tortoise's eyes are bright, but they look a little (I said A LITTLE) squinty to me. Why are you worried?

Prashant

thanks @JoesMum @Yvonne G I am feeling little better after reading your replies.I am worried because one of them have issues with bubbles only happens when they chew food and just now they are getting recovered from runny nose syndrome.And in India it is very difficult to get right vet for tortoise especially as i heard Indian Vets doesnt get any training for tortoise every vets responses are different i did go to three vets They are making general statements like they are weak they are dehydrated they might go through RI soon if not treated thats why those two little buddies concern me alot i want to see them grow slowly steadily live long.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The tortoise's nostrils go from the nose to the roof of the tortoise's mouth, not down his throat, so you may, at times, see bubbles, or liquid because of what is in his mouth. Not to worry until he loses his appetite.