Can anyone identify plant/weed?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
My tortoise has been out on determined, specific march lately, and heading past all other plants and goes straight to this. It is about 75 feet from my house and he is just determined to get to this plant, walking all over every other kinds of foilage. Once he munches on some of this, he lays down in it and just hangs out till itʻs time to go back home. Iʻve tried the Tortoise Table and Garden Answers, but Iʻm in Hawaii and we have a lot of plants here that arenʻt recognized by those sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

weeds.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Maybe take a few pictures of the plant as it sits naturally in the ground. Hawaii, like Florida, has sooo many other not normally recognized plants. You might have to pick some & make a trip to your local garden center & ask the experts. A few more pix of the leaves will help.

good luck & don’t let your tort eat them until yu properly ID

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Thank you! Will take more pictures when I get home, and check in with garden center. Why didnʻt I think of that?!!!!!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Here are some better pictures. I went to one garden show who didnʻt know what they were and asked a gardener who is working on his Master Gardener course, but have not heard back from him. I donʻt know if a Master Gardener would know about weeds?

IMG_0550.jpgIMG_0553.JPGIMG_0555.JPG