Can anyone tell me the sex of my Russian

Corinna

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone who can tell me if my RT is a male or female? I was under the impression it was a male but not sure.
I got "it" from pet smart and they told me it was about a year old but I think he/she is older then that after doing research. There is a little hook like thing at the end of the tail if it can be seen.
20170926_152015.jpg 20170926_191011.jpg

Last edited:

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
it's a boy:) especially from petsmart, and not one year old, lol one year old is only over 2 inches in size:) can not tell the size but he looks over 6 years old to me :)

Corinna

Oregon
it's a boy:) especially from petsmart, and not one year old, lol one year old is only over 2 inches in size:) can not tell the size but he looks over 6 years old to me :)

Thank you. I just wanted to double check if he was a boy. I thought so. Iam very new to Tortoises, I have only had my little guy for almost 2 months. But I knew after doing research that there was no way possible he was only about a year old. Just goes to show a person that pet stores are not the go to place about tortoise knowledge. I can not even believe they thought that he was only about a year old. Thanks again.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Your cute tort is a male.:)

True; one cannot tell the age of a tort unless one knows his/her date of birth. Too bad.:(