Can anyone tell me what kind of tortoise this is?

Lucysmama

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas nv
Hello! This is Lucy. We are not sure what kind of tortoise she is and would really love to know so that we can give her everything she needs and wants! Thank you so much!

82A82BE1-A986-4C44-A49F-EED3990E54FE.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
Can you post some more pics from different angles and include the plastron?
I'm sure more knowledgeable members will be along to help you soon.
When you know for sure there are caresheets in the species specific section which will help you with correct care immensely.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here is the care info:

Most of the care info you find will be old and wrong.

Lucysmama

Las Vegas nv
Where did you get it?
My sons teenage friend said his dad got it from a show. They didn’t know how to take care of her at all and she was almost dead. They told us that they were going to throw her away so we went and got her immediately. This is a pic of her when we got there to pick her up. I looked up just general tortoise care and we had an 80 gallon tank setup from my beardie that passed away recently. So we have her in there with proper heating and uvb BUT we’ve been only giving her collard greens. So that is why I’m here. I’d love to know what kind of tortoise she is so I can ensure she gets the proper nutrition. Thank you :)E6698600-D306-444F-9DFF-2DAA3BA531AF.png

Lucysmama

Las Vegas nv
Here is the care info:

Most of the care info you find will be old and wrong.
Thank you so much!

harrythetortoise

Virginia
My sons teenage friend said his dad got it from a show. They didn’t know how to take care of her at all and she was almost dead. They told us that they were going to throw her away so we went and got her immediately. This is a pic of her when we got there to pick her up. I looked up just general tortoise care and we had an 80 gallon tank setup from my beardie that passed away recently. So we have her in there with proper heating and uvb BUT we’ve been only giving her collard greens. So that is why I’m here. I’d love to know what kind of tortoise she is so I can ensure she gets the proper nutrition. Thank you :)View attachment 321648
Desert tortoise, I think!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My sons teenage friend said his dad got it from a show. They didn’t know how to take care of her at all and she was almost dead. They told us that they were going to throw her away so we went and got her immediately. This is a pic of her when we got there to pick her up. I looked up just general tortoise care and we had an 80 gallon tank setup from my beardie that passed away recently. So we have her in there with proper heating and uvb BUT we’ve been only giving her collard greens. So that is why I’m here. I’d love to know what kind of tortoise she is so I can ensure she gets the proper nutrition. Thank you :)View attachment 321648
So glad you rescued him. You'll get all the up to date advice you need here to make him healthy and happy .