Can Dart Frogs and Red/Yellow footed hatching's live in the same closed enclosure?

Jorge Moreno

I am wondering if I can put together in a close enclosure dart frogs (Ophaga pumilio or Drendobates) and Red/Yellow-footed hatchings?

Size of the close enclosure.
6ft long x 3ft wide x 3 ft height

lixxy990

I am wondering if I can put together in a close enclosure dart frogs (Ophaga pumilio or Drendobates) and Red/Yellow-footed hatchings?

My closest friend does this exact thing your thinking on and currently all is well just monitor it a lot and then you’ll be at ease! X

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My closest friend does this exact thing your thinking on and currently all is well just monitor it a lot and then you’ll be at ease! X
Just because he hasn't had problems yet doesn't mean it's a good idea. Mixing species is never a good idea. Specially in the much smaller space they have compared to being in the wild with different species.

Sticky Feets

5 Year Member
Fresno, CA
I'm pretty sure dart frogs can't handle heat above 80 deg. I've been wanting to get some for awhile but have been holding back cuz they would literally cook in my room. And I have no space for a tank in the cooler parts of my apartment.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

No.
Species should not be mixed.
Disease potential is high.
The frogs are likely to be eaten by the tortoises.
I realize that captive dart frogs are less toxic than wild ones, but they are still toxic.

Not a good idea.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My Redfoot would eat small frogs.
In fact, they eat anything.
Aside from that and the cross contamination from illness, the Redfoot would bulldoze the place and stress out the docile frogs.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My Redfoot would eat small frogs.
In fact, they eat anything.
Aside from that and the cross contamination from illness, the Redfoot would bulldoze the place and stress out the docile frogs.
Agreed, my reds would eat frogs for sure!