can i feed a red foot peaches, and apples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydog6644

5 Year Member
i was wondering if i could feed my Red foot peaches or apples? and what kind of apples?

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Any kind of apples, expect they don't seem to like green, and yes peaches are a very good choice.

Jay, before you post a thread, check all of the topics on the forums...This should've been posted under red foot and yellow foot tortoises. General tortoise conversation is for everything that doesn't fall in another section....

jaydog6644

5 Year Member
oh im sorrry i was unaware at the time i posted... ill do that next time i promise!!!! :)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
jaydog6644 said:
oh im sorrry i was unaware at the time i posted... ill do that next time i promise!!!! :)

Thats okay, most new members make the mistake. Moderators always relocate them to the proper section.

TORTOISELOVER11

5 Year Member
you probably don't want to feed them peaches just because they contain so much sugar and you can give them apples but only on rare occasions and make sure to take the seeds out

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
TORTOISELOVER11 said:
you probably don't want to feed them peaches just because they contain so much sugar and you can give them apples but only on rare occasions and make sure to take the seeds out

Redfoot tortoise, my friend :). They are built to handle a LOT of sugar; they're main diet in the wild is made up of completely fruit. Peaches aren't that sugary compared to some fruits, and they have a lot of good qualities to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.