Can I house (2) 4-month old Sulcatas together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vacaville, CA
Hey TFO people, I'm thinking about getting this 4 month old Sulcata that is very small, and housing him with my 5 month old Sulcata in a large enclosure. Would they be OK together for a while? I've heard that they aren't supposed to be in groups when they are older, but that's the extent of it... I'm lost.

Please help guys, if it's OK for a least a while (like maybe for a year or so) I'll be getting him tomorrow.

Thanks!

TheCobbler

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
only while their young. if their both males and adults I think they might fight. there's a ton of people that house little ones in the same large enclosure. just make sure they have enough room to move around. after they get older you'll have to see how they cooperate because you can't tell what sex they are until their adults. if you got the room and tools those younglings should be fine together. for a while.

TheCobbler said:
only while they're young. if their both males and adults I think they might fight. there's a ton of people that house little ones in the same large enclosure. just make sure they have enough room to move around. after they get older you'll have to see how they cooperate because you can't tell what sex they are until their adults. if you got the room and tools those younglings should be fine together. for a while.

they're* sorry everybody. sorry.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have my 10 month old hatchling in with my 3+ year old rescue who a little bigger and they get along great right now.. Cant say what it will be like in a year but it's working right now..

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
you can try it, but be prepared to seperate. also.. its recommended to quarantine new torts from others..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My thoughts:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Pairs#axzz1fGGZdRU2

Groups usually do better than pairs. Even in adults, depending upon the individuals, the size of the enclosure. Often two males won't tolerate each other, but there are lots of people that have several males all living together in very large enclosures.

Babies will usually get along, but often you'll see one of them hogging the lion's share of the food and best spots to hang out. They will do better in separate enclosures in my opinion.

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
Thank you guys got the input so quickly. I think I'm going to pick up the new little guy and keep em together for a little bit until I can get another space for another enclosure. This little guy is sooooo small, and looked sluggish, so I want try to give him a healthier home with me. His current owner isn't quite taking care ofhim how he needs it.

aco43

5 Year Member
Nottingham UK
We have just acquired two 13 month Sully's. They seem to be getting on fine in the same enclosure, however they were from the same clutch. One is definately more lively than the other though so we are keeping a close eye on them at the moment.

Sounds like you are going to give the little fella a boost just when he needs it most :)

Status
Not open for further replies.