Can I just use this to show me my heat and humidity?

captain

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hi everyone i am building an indoor closed enclosure i have the simple thermometer/hydrometer already that is just like little clocks but i was wondering for his new enclosure can I use something like this and put it inside? Would it be accurate to show the heat all around inside of his enclosure?? Would it be able to show high humidity and heat levels??
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AKCLVK/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

or would this be better?? I don't really like this one doesn't seem as simple, i don't really get how it works...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NOGK7Y/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
the first one only works wherever it's placed while the second one has probes you can move. like if i wanted to test the humidity in one area and temp in another. i actually own both types, ha.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
I bought 3 of these type of meters from different manufactures and all three show different readings. Petsmart sells the round stick on meters that seem to work well but for temperature reading the temperature gun with laser is he most reliable, a must have for tortoise keepers.
Here is the pics of mine you can see how far apart the numbers are so don't depend on them.
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_3009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

captain

Ontario
Thank you, I have decided to invest in Tom's, seems great! Bought online on amazon...cant wait to get it!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
I'd invest in an infrared temp gun in addition to the Acurite weatherstation. Then you can spot check everywhere in the enclosure instantly or take temps of the torts, themselves. Also, I use the temp gun to measure the temp of my guys' bath water. That said, I have two Acurites in my enclosure and one temp gun. Total peace of mind.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I use two of these and a temperature gun .

Attachments

• 1389324262060.jpg
    1389324262060.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 25

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hahaha.

I own every type of them you guys show above, I have total about 15 of them in various location of different tortoise enclosures. Few outdoor one also.