Can I Leave my Russian tortoise outside in Los Angeles?

Benegige

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hi! I’m new here and pretty new to keeping a tortoise. I just got a Russian tortoise, male. He’s about 4 1/2 inches and 5 years old. I wanted to keep him indoors initially but now I’m considering leaving him outdoors. The problem is though that I worry if Los Angeles, is warm enough for him. Especially at night where it can get pretty cold. Any advice?

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Russians are very hardy and quite cold-tolerant. Just be sure he can't escape, has deep shade, and access to fresh water at all times. He'll do fine outside.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
What would work best is leave the tort outside in the day, and bring him in at night. It doesn’t have to be a big place for him, just big enough for him to move around a little bit.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi! I’m new here and pretty new to keeping a tortoise. I just got a Russian tortoise, male. He’s about 4 1/2 inches and 5 years old. I wanted to keep him indoors initially but now I’m considering leaving him outdoors. The problem is though that I worry if Los Angeles, is warm enough for him. Especially at night where it can get pretty cold. Any advice?
Read this. Its all explained here: