can I separate my tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momofboys

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My sons each got a tortoise for Christmas. One is a male, one a female. They have been together for 9 months, and my sons do not spend enough time with them. I make sure that they are fed and keep the cage clean, but since they aren't taking care of them I am going to try to find them lovong homes. Is it okay to separate them? Do they get attached to eachother? Also, how do I go about finding them GOOD homes and not just someone who will take a free toertoise but not care much. The whole point is to get them somewhere where their lives will consist of more than just sitting in their box in the bedroom.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
The torts won't mind be seperated. As far as finding good homes for them, I would suggest interveiwing the prospective party to find out knowledge and level of commitment. If you have misgiving about a party, go on to the next.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
you can try to find them homes to people here on the forum

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Also, sometimes Free is not the thing to do unless you know or trust the people,, like here..:)
Charging something for them will make the person think twice about taking them on.
Ask them questions, try to see where they will be living, see if they know what they are talking about.. if you feel its a great home.. waive the fee.
Good luck!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
momofboys, Hi welcome to the forum even if it is under these circumstances. I have sent you a PM Please resond to it.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
What kind are the tortoises and where do you live?

I agree with previous posts that you need to interview potential owners.

Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.