can i shift my 50days star turle egg in chicken incubator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sray

5 Year Member
hey hi, i wanna ask that can i shift my 50 day old star turle eggs in chicken incubator. they are constantly growing but im scared on rain so i wanna shift them in an incubator.. will they hatch in chicken incubator??

My female turtle laid eggs on this march for the 1st time, as far as i know d turtles lay egg at 1 go bt my turtle laid her egg 1st on 8th March around 10am. the 2nd on 9th March around 9.30pm. 3rd egg on 12th March around 10pm and 4th egg on 20th March.. is it poss...?? n till now d eggs r jus increasin in size im not able to see anythng inside them. Also, I have put them in a tub with sea sand above n below them.

Attachments

• 2012-05-09 13.04.13.jpg
    2012-05-09 13.04.13.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 21

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi sray:

First get the incubator up to the temperature that you want it and make sure it is holding steady at that temp. Do not use an incubator that turns the eggs.

Then you can gently pick up the eggs, being careful not to turn them over or shift their position. Some people put the tortoise eggs into covered cups of vermiculite, with holes punched into the sides of the cups, then put the cups in the incubator.

Good luck on hatching the eggs!

sray

5 Year Member
can you suggest me some good incubators name. so that i can buy the best 1.... n also wanna ask you that can a turtle lay egg on different days??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know what brands you have available to you in India, but here in the U.S. I use a still air Little Giant. There is also one called a Hovabator that looks just like the little giant.

I don't know anything about Star tortoises, that's why I didn't answer that part of your question. But we have many star breeders here and someone will answer you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.