Can Izzy eat this?? (jade & aloe)

Whitneyrae

I have read the forums and many people have said it was ok to let your tortoise eat aloe vera plants (in moderation), I was given an aloe vera hybrid and the whole texture of it is pretty bumpy. Has anyone had any experience with these? I also have a Jade plant that I would like to add to her enclosure and was wondering if anyone else uses Jade in their torts homes! thanks!

argus333

5 Year Member
RE: Can Izzy eat this??

i don't know about jade but regular aloe is fine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Can Izzy eat this??

Both of those plants are ok to feed, but may cause loose stools.

Whitneyrae

Thanks guys! I was worried about the aloe because it said it was a hybrid aloe and it looked a little different from regular aloe vera plants, I appreciate the advice!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Both are fine. My tortoises trample and destroy anything like that, but give it a try anyway.

Titian the tortoise

Pleasant Hill, Ohio
Hi, guys, I am new to the forum and can't figure out how to write a question by its self. My name is Nolyn and I have an almost year-old tortoise named titan. I have been trying to get some tort safe pants to put in the 50-gallon tub. I have an Aloe Vera plant that I have had for about 2 years, and I was wondering if I could put that in. Also, my substrate is coconut coir. Any advice would be GREAT!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi, guys, I am new to the forum and can't figure out how to write a question by its self. My name is Nolyn and I have an almost year-old tortoise named titan. I have been trying to get some tort safe pants to put in the 50-gallon tub. I have an Aloe Vera plant that I have had for about 2 years, and I was wondering if I could put that in. Also, my substrate is coconut coir. Any advice would be GREAT!

Maybe @Yvonne G can start a new thread for you. (Ps - yes on the aloe as long as it’s not full of fertilizers in the soil).