Can my tortoise eat this?

Rosie0121

Location (City and/or State)
England
So I found this plant growing in my garden I’m not sure what it is, so could someone help me ?
If anyone could identify it and tell me if my hermann tortoise could eat it I’d be grateful 684A4A36-0DA4-4124-89AB-33597E1542D5.jpeg

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
It looks a little like chickweed to me but the leaves are just not quit the right shape. I have had a look but Im not sure what it is. @Lyn W any idea?

Rosie0121

England
It looks a little like chickweed to me but the leaves are just not quit the right shape. I have had a look but Im not sure what it is. @Lyn W any idea?
Thanks for replying :)
At first I thought it was navelwort? But again it seems a weird shape. I see what you mean about chickweed as well.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
No sorry I can't help.
Using the names suggested and the tortoise table I don't think it's chickweed but could possibly be bittercress.
My rule is if in doubt leave it out until a definite ID is found.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
I also thought maybe bittercress but I thought the leaves were more round. The pics above look pretty similar though

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I personally don’t think it’s bittercress, at least not yet..

It might be; in a couple more weeks we could say for sure; the brassicas (that’s the plant family cress is in) start out with roundish leaves that grow into arrow shapes. Can you wait that long to give us another shot?

Whatever it is, it doesn’t look dangerous to me but that’s a bit small to go on!

Rosie0121

England
I personally don’t think it’s bittercress, at least not yet..

It might be; in a couple more weeks we could say for sure; the brassicas (that’s the plant family cress is in) start out with roundish leaves that grow into arrow shapes. Can you wait that long to give us another shot?

Whatever it is, it doesn’t look dangerous to me but that’s a bit small to go on!
Thanks for replying !
Yes sure I’ll wait a few more weeks and when it starts to grow more I’ll send a picture to this. Hopefully we will find out whatever this is.
Thanks again :)