Can someone help to identify the little one

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Your little tortoise is completely adorable :) welcome to the forum. Check out the Greek tortoise section under species specific heading and you will find a care sheet that will give you all the information you need for your little tortoise.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
My Bobik wasn't eating anything but iceberg salad but I gave him broccoli and spinach again today and he enjoyed it!View attachment 130062
I hate to be so blunt again, but none of those foods are nurtitious for tortoises. Although I do not know the specifics of this species, most thrive on a variety of greens (collard, mustard, turnip), and some different grasses and weeds. Iceberg, spinach, and broccoli will not give him the nurtients he needs to grow and thrive. I am not judging you on your heart, I am simply giving you facts so that your tortoise can live a long healthy life.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Here on the forum under the Russian tortoise section is a huge list of weeds and grocery store items that are good for Russians but also for Greeks. No fruits. No animal protein. A little spinach or a little broccoli etc. will not hurt in the long run. The key is variety. Check out that huge list and there will be many things on there that will work that you will be able to find. Also don't forget a good UVB source, no coil bulbs, get a mercury vapor bulb. soaking daily, keep in the temperature at 80° around the clock. A calcium supplement two or three times a week is also recommended. Also keep a cuttlebone in the enclosure that it can feed on as it wants to. The care for a hatchling is more involved than an adult, but it is all vital for the tortoise to grow up healthy. I know it sounds like a lot, but once you get it all set up correctly it is pretty easy.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My Bobik wasn't eating anything but iceberg salad but I gave him broccoli and spinach again today and he enjoyed it!View attachment 130062
Fair enough, your tortoise may have enjoyed food other than lettuce. But what applies on one tortoise does not have to apply on another: this is NOT mathematics where 1+1=2 and NOBODY can argue. (No offence).