Can someone please help me out????? (xmas tree bin)

Nolan1992

I've been looking everywhere for one of those long and high smokey christmas tree storage bins type of things for my Hermanns tortoise, but I just can't seem to find one. Does anyone know where to get a good size bin like this? My tort is a little under 5 inches just to give you an idea.
It would be similar to the one she uses in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGBZ6lRL6Zg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: Can someone please help me out?????

Most of those type bins are only for sale a short time before, during and after Christmas and then they are not sold until the next year:(. The most I could suggest would be to look online for them.

Btw, an idea is to buy two of the biggest tote boxes you can find and cut a hole in each and join them together.

Nolan1992

wellington said:
Most of those type bins are only for sale a short time before, during and after Christmas and then they are not sold until the next year:(. The most I could suggest would be to look online for them.

ahhh I figured. I found one that is perfect for 35 dollars. But the shipping quote I received was 80 dollars! just a little too much

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas

Where do you live? These are readily available at Wal-Mart, Target, Lowe's, Home Depot... I am not sure the biggest one is going to be big enough for a Hermann's but I could be wrong. The largest ones usually go for around $20 - $30 US.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Can someone please help me out?????

Nolan1992 said:
I've been looking everywhere for one of those long and high smokey christmas tree storage bins type of things for my Hermanns tortoise, but I just can't seem to find one. Does anyone know where to get a good size bin like this? My tort is a little under 5 inches just to give you an idea.
It would be similar to the one she uses in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGBZ6lRL6Zg

Target has some 4 & 5 ft long bins. Not online but in store. ;)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Can someone please help me out?????

The only place I've been able to find big totes is Home Depot.
Lowes, target, and Walmart have let me down terribly with their selection of bigger totes.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Nolan1992

Saleama said:
Where do you live? These are readily available at Wal-Mart, Target, Lowe's, Home Depot... I am not sure the biggest one is going to be big enough for a Hermann's but I could be wrong. The largest ones usually go for around $20 - $30 US.

I purchased these at home depot for my baby sulcata and my two baby redfoots. They are 36 width x 25 depth x 8 inch height. Do you think another one of these would be sufficient for my hermanns tortoise?

Attachments

• IMG_20140327_154844.jpg
    IMG_20140327_154844.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20140327_154820.jpg
    IMG_20140327_154820.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 30

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

For about $50 you can build a simple 4x8' table for your hermanns. 36x25 is too small. You can also find horse troughs at feed stores that might work for you.

Nolan1992

Tom said:
For about $50 you can build a simple 4x8' table for your hermanns. 36x25 is too small. You can also find horse troughs at feed stores that might work for you.
I actually found an old bookshelf, how does this look ?

Attachments

• IMG_20140327_163110.jpg
    IMG_20140327_163110.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 33