Can someone tell me the gender of my two sulcatas?

Hperkins

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix (AZ)
they are about 5 years old. I’ve had them since babies (same litter). The one on the left is double the size of the one on the right. Left is maverick and the right is willow. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 9DD003B1-432C-44F3-85FC-43B581D4A168.jpeg
    9DD003B1-432C-44F3-85FC-43B581D4A168.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Neither of them are showing the secondary sex characteristics of adults yet, but both are looking female to me.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
More and more evidence lately that tortoises shouldn't be kept in pairs. Tortoises are very solitary animals that do not require friends. Biggest problem is one will bully the other. This is very subtle and you may not see it at first. But if one follows the other around its because he's actually trying to chase them out of his territory keeping all the food to himself. If they seem to sleep together it's really that one is dominating the other. This is all very stressful for the one that's being bullied resulting in a lack of appetite, vulnerability to illnesses, ect... Obviously I mention this because he say that but five years old and one is twice the size as the other... I'm just giving you the information so you know what to look for.

Like Tom said they look female but they all look female until they don't. Usually around 10 to 12 inches?