can THB and Russian live together

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well, they shouldn't and that is wrong.
Species should never be crossed. Pairs, one will bullying the other to illness or death.
A male will bullying and try to breed a single female nonstop and cause illness or death.
Tortoises are solitary in the wild. The cross paths to breed with their own kind or fight. Living with in a pair causes stress which is a killer.

JasperFossils

Holland
Well, they shouldn't and that is wrong.
Species should never be crossed. Pairs, one will bullying the other to illness or death.
A male will bullying and try to breed a single female nonstop and cause illness or death.
Tortoises are solitary in the wild. The cross paths to breed with their own kind or fight. Living with in a pair causes stress which is a killer.
I know they should not live in pairs. My question is : will a THB breed with a Russian?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
For us old people what is THB? And you are doing a great injustice to those tortoises. Each species has germs and bacteria that one species is asymptomatic and may kill the other species...not good to mix species...it's really very bad.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
can a male the live together with female Russian. I also have 2 female THB.
I know of no hybrids of those two species. This is mostly because everyone knows to never mix species. You are making a grave error there. They should be separated immediately.